Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Love Recession-from 2008

Thanks to a failed attempt to fall asleep I have decided to spoil my readers this morning. My mind has been working overtime along with my emotions, so I do what I always do when those two events happen, I write.

Before I went to bed I put in my favorite movie, "Love Jones" .While I was watching it I begin to think about how Darius and Nina's situation related to things today and I thought to myself, damn they fell in love and all they were doing at first was JUST KICKING IT!

The writer and director, Theodore Witcher probably never thought people would still love this movie or be able to quote it line for line when he made it 11 years ago, or maybe he did. I think he wrote probably some of the deepest lines that I had ever heard, period.

One of my favorite lines is when Savon says to Darius at Sheila's party "Yall running around here, jumping, hoping, skipping, diving, falling in love and shit. Falling in love ain't shit! Will somebody please tell me how to stay there?" When you think about those lines, my God how true they are.

The movie "Love Jones" is a simple interpretation and endearing way of showing how love is expressed, even though Darius and Nina never expected to fall in love.

I know you all are wondering why is Jon talking about "Love Jones"? Well, you watch how I bring yall out on this one. A friend of mine wrote me a message because a relationship didn't work out for her. I figured most of us have all been through this before and if you haven't keep on living. Like Darius and Nina, they were JUST KICKING IT, except she fell in love and he didn't. I thought to myself, damn! That has to be a really bad feeling. NO ONE WANTS TO BE REJECTED!

My heart went out to her. I thought to myself about her situation and my previous situation and came up with the conclusion that some people just aren't ready for love.....
We think sometime that if we just love that person so deeply, so hard, and in such an endearing way that they will just return the love we give back to them tenfold, when in reality that is not necessarily true.

I can only say from experience that you could have your stuff together, be attractive, and know how to love, but if that person isn't ready to accept it, then there is nothing you can do about it. This is the type of shit that leaves people heartbroken for years. It's not your fault; they just aren't ready for your love.

You put in time, money, love and anything else you can think of to make a relationship work, but you don't succeed in the relationship.

I think the thing that pisses me off the most is when people do all of these things and they are not in a relationship. They are JUST KICKING IT! I know somebody that was involved with a woman for 3 years. They spent time together; of course they were having sex, and everything else that most people do in a relationship. I'm sorry yall, but if you are doing all of that, you in are in damn relationship. You just don't KICK IT with somebody for 3 years no matter what you say. This guy maintained that he was JUST KICKING IT! The woman he was involved with pretty much thought otherwise in her heart, but she allowed him to just KICK IT for 3 years. ....
Eventually she got tired of JUST KICKING IT and moved on. Maybe the fact that he was having a son by another woman had something to do with that? Like I said, they were JUST KICKING IT! Then after that he tells me, man I miss her. It's over between us. I was like; I thought you all were JUST KICKING IT! He was like we were together for 3 years though. Even he finally realized that they were doing more than JUST KICKING IT! In the end he was hurt. ....
You know we should be careful who we give our hearts to. I understand that the single life sucks. Read my previous blog for further reference. I'm sure we all have JUST KICKED IT before. I know I have. That doesn't mean given your heart to a person right away either!....
All it means when a person or person's wants to JUST KICK IT that they are either not ready for a commitment or have no intentions of committing to anybody. That is all it really means. Some people still want to play the field. They want to have a choice. I get it. I really do, but if you're having sex with somebody on a regular basis and spending significant time together, you aren't JUST KICKING IT, you're in a relationship whether you like it or not.

We all want to be loved. We may not understand how to receive it or may not know how to give it, but regardless we all want to be loved. That's right ladies; men want to be loved too! You all think we are all about the booty huh! We as men are always not as smart when it comes to love as you would like us to be, but any man worth his salt and some good sense knows a good woman when he sees her.

A cute face, pretty eyes, nice back side, nice front side, somewhere between a size 5 to a size 10, good job situation, one child or less. Not to mention sweet, caring, understanding, loving, and last but not least ride or die. I'm just saying! That's what I require, but I'm sure most guys would agree with me on this one. What I'm trying to say is a good man knows a real woman when he sees her.

I can't speak for you extra thug, no communicating, you know what I'm saying, barley working or not working at all, selling weed for 7 years and ain't moved up to cocaine yet kinda brothers who don't take care of their kids and probably don't even own a car or have their own place. I'm not talking about yall. I'm talking about that guy that picked up a trade, went to college, makes a little money, got his own shit, takes care of his kids kinda of brother. I'm talking about the kind of brother who was taught how to treat a woman properly and most of all with respect. One day you young girls are going to learn. I'm trying to put you all up on game here, but everybody pay attention!

Moral of the story is today is to never sell yourself short. If you are in a worthy situation of it becoming a relationship, please don't be scared. Men, claim that woman! Ladies tell that man you are trying to be his one and only, if that's the way you feel. I'm telling yall just kicking it is not what's hot. Yeah I said it! It's not hot! Also this means not giving your heart to early also.

How many times are you ladies gonna let him throw it down and have him not claim you or you not claim him. Guys how many raggedy ass females do you have to go through to realize that the woman you are calling number one is probably the only one.

I'm here to tell everybody to get it together. This single thing is like the economy, we are in a recession. Voting for Barack Obama will get us out of our economic recession, but it's up to us to get us out of this love recession. Think about it!

This blog is copyrighted by the The Movement Expressed Writings Inc. 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment