Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Gentlemen's Affair-We do exist!

Apparently the gentlemen are an endangered species nowadays. They said we were the last of a dying breed, they thought men like us didn’t exist, but somehow we were overlooked, somehow we were forgotten, somehow they thought the last of us changed are tune years ago and conformed to bad boys, somehow they thought we abandoned everything our parents taught us about how to treat a woman, and they were wrong! They were so wrong!

Today somebody told me that nice guys finish last. I consider myself a nice guy so that naturally pissed me off, but I do feel that way from time to time. In most recent weeks I have seen some good guys get shit on for being exactly what they are…..good guys or as I would like to call them….gentlemen.

So what is a gentlemen? I found the definition under chivalry so let me break it down for you!
Chivalry actually started in medieval times as an institution of knighthood. It’s associated as knightly virtues and courtly love. In today’s society it is defined as courteous behavior, especially that of men towards women. In other words being a gentleman.


The definition says it courteous behavior towards women not men. Yeah I understand that, but the reason I’m so upset this morning because nowadays some men are treating women any kind of way! The really tragic thing is some women are allowing these men to treat them in an improper manor.

I’m talking about grown ass men just saying anything, doing anything and have the audacity to not even be a gentleman. Some guys out there might think I’m hating, but I’m not. I will say this; you bastards are saturating the precious search of love and the pursuit of it drastically!
You got guys not opening doors, not picking up dinner bills, not paying for movies, and not even driving on the dates. I may sound old school, but I’m a conventional man in a lot of ways. It’s not just about paying for everything because on some first dates the dating couple splits the bill. It’s about the lame ass lines some guys drop to get holla at a woman they admire. Telling a woman she has a big ass or saying something even crasser is not the way to court a woman.
Let’s be real for a sec. There has never been a man flirt with a woman and say some off the wall stuff. (GULITY AS CHARGED, BLAME IT ON THE LONG ISLAND. LOL!) I understand us guys will say some crazy things in the club, but on the street it’s unacceptable and the fact that some woman are allowing this behavior just shocking.


You got guys allow themselves to just say anything or dropping these lame ass rapper quoted lines you heard in the latest single on the radio. Guys need to start being themselves!!!! Your respected selves anyway! I mean the real you, not your representative on the date.
It goes deeper than that though because I have come to find that some women like this! They want to not be treated in a proper way. They want to be dogged! They want the drama! They want to be played! They want to be lied too! How stupid is this shit!! That doesn’t even sound attractive!!


I have to come to find out in my years that some women don’t want to be treated right! Maybe they feel there not worth it or maybe they just want something to complain about. Maybe they have low self-esteem!

I myself was once accused of being too nice! I just laughed because when I did check that certain someone in certain situations then I’m the crazy muthaf***a!! LOL! It’s all a mystery to me.
I’m not going to pose the question what do woman want, because I’m not trying to conform to something that I’m not to get a woman. I know exactly how to treat a woman and in some cases maybe a few women weren’t ready for that. That shit isn’t my fault. I was who I was before I met you! To my guys that are going through break-ups right now, maybe it wasn’t your fault. Some women aren’t ready for a real man and they constantly sell themselves short. At least in one cases I talked about I know this to be true!


They say they want the truth, but they can’t handle the truth. They say they want to be loved, but they have no idea how to love back. They say they want a good man and come to find out they have no idea how to handle a good man or make the terrible mistake of taking a man’s kindness for weakness.

I think some women go for these guys that are the so called bad boys because they want to feel safe, they want to feel protected and yes they want to feel needed! Don’t get me wrong because that’s totally understandable, but if your dating a real man, a gentleman that shouldn’t be a problem.

See, a bad boy picks a fight; a gentleman chooses to accept that fight and is more than capable of finishing it in his favor. A gentleman uses his brain all the time and his brawn on command. A bad boy can’t control his brawn and doesn’t know how to use his brain. A gentlemen knows he can’t handle everything on his own either and has room for a women to fit in.

Ladies guys aren’t soft if they show you some attention, open a door for you, buy you flowers and cuddle with you after we tear that ass up! LOL! We just actually give a damn about you to do so. Maybe, just maybe we feel your worth it!

I always heard that women go through a bad boy stage. Well I got a message for those women my age that are still in that stage…..

You might want to pay attention. That guy that is making the right moves and that has his shit together might be the guy for you. It goes deeper than anything monetary though because if that man doesn’t have good character and some personality to go along with the things he has and the goals he has accomplished then it really doesn’t mean much.
So I’ll leave you with this bit of word play….


The gentlemen is not an endangered species. He is not mirage. He is very real. He is not a dying breed, but rare among the beasts in this jungle of life and the battle of love. We move quiet, we don’t start riots, but we know how to finish them. We move decisive and we know what we want and even more so who exactly we are. Among the shadows we emerge above the bullshit and show real women that chivalry isn’t dead, but alive and well. We are the lovers who know how to make love, your mother’s favorite, the one your dad trusts with his daughter, the one your child likes, possibly man you want to father your child and your future.

We are gentlemen and we are the real thing, the question is…..Ladies are you ready for us? We are here to finish first!

God Bless,

“13 Ways” (The Movement)


P.S I’ll dedicate a blog to my real women the next rip!

This blog is copyrighted by The Movement Expressed Writings Inc. 2009

1 comment: