Saturday, May 21, 2011

Faith and it's struggles




If you Google the word faith the response you may find might be as follows…..Faith is the confident belief or trust or trustworthiness of a person, concept, or a thing that is not based on proof. To read the definition the meaning seems pretty clear-cut, but in reality the words defining it hardly do the word justice or define it clearly. Despite all of that we depend on faith in some shape, form or fashion every single day whether we realize it or not.

I’m a Christian and I’ve been one since the day my mother had me. As I’ve grown older I’ve done my best to understand Christian faith. By no means am I an expert and I very seldom quote The Bible even though I read it a reasonable amount. I go to church, but not every Sunday. I only listen to inspirational music usually when I’m in church and sometimes at home when I need to hear words to lift my spirits. I have a clear understanding that people called to ministry are messengers and share the same flesh as myself. In other words they are not perfect and even on my best day that all my dreams, wishes and aspirations may come true neither am I.

May 21, 2011 is predicted to be a “Rapture” according to Christian radio host Harold Camping. A “rapture” meaning the taking into heaven of God’s people with the end of the world as we know it whether we love it or not will actually come to an end on October 21, 2011. Camping has even gone so far to say that the “rapture” will occur at 6 p.m. local time. It didn’t say which time zone in my research. The people supporting Camping’s claim estimates that about 200 million people will experience this act. Camping has gone even further to say that he found this prediction in The Bible. If all of this sounds farfetched to you then guess what, a lot of other people feel the same way you do including myself!



I’ve never claimed to be the best Christian in the world and despite popular opinion I don’t try to be perfect. As a matter of fact I don’t think perfection exists at all. Everything in this world is flawed in some way. Whether it’s inside, outside, or deep within everything in this world has imperfections. Let’s be honest people…..faith doesn’t make any sense whatsoever, but it’s essential to our lives as much as the air we breathe. We may understand the chemical elements of oxygen, but that doesn’t mean we understand exactly how it got here. We just know that is if you’re a believer in God that God created it. I think faith falls under that same category. We have faith in Him and His son Jesus Christ because of what we have read in The Bible, because of what we have heard in church or because someone we know has given a testimony of some sort telling the gospel of His greatness and if you’re a Christian chances are you believe it even if you have not to your knowledge experienced it yourself.

I’ll be honest with you all because I struggle with my faith. I think a lot of people do, but I’ll admit it. There have been times in my life that I just simply don’t understand why and trust me I know the saying, “Why not me?, but let’s just say that I don’t have an answer most times. I don’t understand why I lost my mother to cancer in 2007 and I don’t understand why 5 months into this year I have experienced some of the most unhappy times in my life. I have faith that it’s for a better purpose. I pray that the things that I’ve experienced in the last 4 years is preparing me for something much greater than I could ever imagine and trust me when tell you I have a pretty good imagination.

The cynical part of me asks the question daily, “Why am I here?” I wish I could tell you all exactly why I was born, what I’m here for, and most of all what am I suppose to leave the world when God does call me home and let me say again that I don’t think it’s later today.

We all have dreams, aspirations, and plans of some sort. Lord knows I just want mine to workout. Like many of you there are so many things that I haven’t done yet. I don’t say that to say that I haven’t done anything, but I say that to say I feel I’m far from done because there are so many things I want to do and accomplish still.

We live in a world that is unfair and doesn’t owe us anything, though we give it all we have not only to survive, but to succeed in it. That statement alone is why we hold on to our faith so tightly. Not only do we need to have faith in God, but faith in ourselves. We also have to be weary of the kind of faith we put in people, because in some way people will always let us down. I certainly won’t put my faith in some false profit who wants attention by saying the world is going to end on a certain date! All we can do sometimes is pray, even when it seems that God doesn’t hear us because we have faith that he will hear us and help us. So I say all of this to say despite what we have heard I’ll see you all tomorrow because I have faith that I will.



God Bless,

“13 Ways” (The Movement)




This blog copyrighted under The Movement Media Inc. 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment